10 ideas for a bright, airy living room
In every house there are certain places that receive less daylight than desired. Nevertheless, there is a tendency to put the sunny places in the foreground, while the darker ones tend to be ignored. Heavy curtains, dark carpets, and an unsuitable wall color can possibly further emphasize the darkness in the room.
How do we present our living spaces in the best light? We have collected 10 inspiring tips on how to do this.
- Skilfully use curtains. As a privacy screen or for an aesthetic effect, the textiles should not cover the windows and thus block the falling light. Also make sure that the curtain rods are long enough so that the curtains fit snugly against the glass in the Window frames can be attached.
- Rely on the Scandinavian furnishing style. The simple living designs, often in white nuances, compensate for a possible lack of natural light. Incidentally, some decorative items in black compensate for the strict look and add a subtle two-tone note.
- Rely on mirrors for optical space enlargement. The large mirror reflects the light in an otherwise dark room. Possibly place it across or diagonally from the window for the best effect.
- Generate lightness. If you expect outside glimpses, get white Roman blinds made of cotton or linen. This means that you do not have to do without the light falling into the room.
- How about transparent curtains instead of heavy curtains? These wafer-thin home textiles give the room an elegant effect without blocking the light. Ideally, the rail should be attached directly to the ceiling screwed in so that the curtains are immaculate fluently in beautiful folds fall.
- The effectively designed lighting is an essential part of the interior. Think of a combination of lamps in different places in the room and possibly install dimmers. This creates a pleasant ambience in which the lights are used as symmetrical accessories.
- If your living room faces south or west but the dining room faces north or east, you could make it one spacious room. You can enjoy more light in the morning and in the afternoon!
- Put on glass doors. They are modern and let a lot of light into the rooms.
- In addition to wall mirrors, the shimmering metal sets great accents in the form of furniture or decorative items. The chic coffee tables add elegance to this trendy living room, especially in contrast to the soft upholstery.
- If you’d rather avoid neutral colors, you could opt for some high-quality, easy-care textiles in white – they bring brightness with them.
Hopefully these tips have been helpful to you and you can implement them in your home. Let us know!
Visit the rest of the site for more useful and informative articles!