When people talk about the medicinal plant lavender, what do you think of immediately? The wonderful lavender fields or the enchanting scent of this beautiful plant? The lavender is ideal as a natural decoration in any interior. But it is always welcome not only in the interior design of your apartment or in the decoration of your garden as a great eye-catcher, but also as a valuable remedy in your everyday life. Today we would like to introduce you to the 7 most important properties of lavender. It will definitely become your favorite plant and there is a reason for that.
1. Dried lavender flowers keep the clothes moths away. Make the healthy alternative of moth powder without chemical substances yourself. Take some small textile bags, which you fill with dried lavender flowers. Put your homemade insect repellant in the closets, especially where you keep your cotton and wool clothing. Change the contents of the bags every 2-3 months and your clothes will be well protected from moths, as well as pleasant and freshly flavored.
2. Lavender has a calming effect on us, it relieves headaches and calms stressed nerves. For this reason, we recommend that you make beautiful lavender decorations for your home yourself in order to enjoy the healing properties of this garden plant. Fresh lavender arrangements or a lavender wreath will filter the room air and improve your mood significantly.
3. You can effectively disinfect your hands with a few drops of lavender oil. This essential oil has powerful antibacterial properties and is often used in the manufacture of organic and homemade cleaning products. Supplement the useful effects of lavender oil with real aloe and witch hazel (witch hazel).
4. Scientific research suggests that lavender can rid the earth of heavy metals and other contaminants. Planting lavender improves soil properties even after the first year.
5. The homemade lemonade with lavender is particularly refreshing in summer. Mix lavender and sugar in a ratio of 1: 1 and add water and lemon according to your taste. The delicious drink has a delicate purple color and a unique taste and smell. The lavender lemonade goes perfectly with summer cocktails with or without alcohol.
6. Use the relaxing effects of lavender effectively in the bathroom too. Take an aromatic bath with rosemary and lavender salt or simply with lavender stalks directly in the warm water. This relaxing therapy ensures you a peaceful night’s sleep and renewed strength for the next day.
7. Lavender has a calming effect on all types of sleep problems. The lavender scent has a relaxing and calming effect, which will definitely help you fall asleep. Before you go to bed, have a cup of lavender tea or place a bag of lavender flowers next to your pillow. If you have lavender oil with you, put a few drops on your pillows and on the pulse zones, take a deep breath and dive into a sweet sleep.
Visit the rest of the site for more useful and informative articles!