How To Pick The Best Car Accident Attorney For Injuries
The city of Los Angeles experiences several different types of accidents each day. Reasons for this may be because of the high traffic and overly populated cities. With several cars and other modes of transportation on the road, the possibility of being involved in a pedestrian accident, motorcycle accident, or bicycle accident is highly likely. If you have found yourself involved in an accident where you have sustained injuries caused by another party, it is very important that you get the right legal representation you deserve.
There are several different car accident attorneys in Los Angeles, and it may be difficult to choose which type of attorney will work best for you. When searching for an attorney, there are specific attributes that you must look for. Looking for an attorney to be a very stressful experience, and it could be very difficult to determine which attorney is right for you.
After you have been involved in an accident, we encourage you to look for an attorney as soon as possible. Immediately after an accident, insurance companies and defendants will try to get a statement out of you in order to avoid liability. You need an attorney on your side to communicate and negotiate with insurance companies to make sure that you focus on your personal injuries. An attorney will be able to ease the process when filing a lawsuit against a defendant. An experienced attorney will be able to navigate through the legal process in an efficient manner, and make sure that you got the monetary compensation you deserve.
Insurance companies almost always try to downplay their liability to avoid paying out to their insurance policy. You want to make sure that you have the best lawyer on your side as you face insurance companies.
How should I find a lawyer in Los Angeles?
Car accidents fall under the personal injury umbrella, which means that personal injury laws apply. Personal injury laws are legal claims filed where a victim is injured from another party’s negligence. This means that the attorney will most likely have to prove that the defendant was negligent, and make sure that all of the elements for negligence have been met. Below are some examples on how to look for the best car accident lawyer for you:
- Ask your friends and family for any referrals: usually, attorneys may have a specific reputation in the community, especially in the city of Los Angeles. Asking your friends or family members is the first step when trying to look for an attorney. For example, your friends may have dealt with a previous attorney they are very satisfied with. Going to an attorney that has a great reputation may ease your mind when trying to find an experienced attorney.
- Research the attorney: many attorneys may claim to be experienced, but may not have enough trial experience should your case ever go to trial. Usually, a lawsuit would end up being settled between the insurance company. However, if both parties do not end up settling, then the case will most likely go to trial. When the case does go to trial, you want to make sure that you have a top-rated attorney on your side. A trial attorney will know all the steps and rules involved with the court when the case is moving forward.
- Research the attorney’s office: recently, one of the main concerns many people have is having an attorney that is easily accessible. Several attorneys have now steered away from having professional offices, and many of them work from home. Although this is very convenient, we believe that attorneys should be available 24/7 and have a professional office where attorneys are running a professional business. This means having an organized office space, especially in the case that there are depositions being held of witnesses.
- Make sure that you are comfortable with the fees: several different attorneys work with different free arrangements. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee arrangement, which means that we do not seek any compensation upfront until we win a settlement or judgment in our client’s favor. When we do not win in our
client’s favor, our clients do not have to pay us anything. Other attorneys work on an hourly basis, regardless if they win in your favor or not.
- The attorney has strong relationships with experts: when you file a claim for damages, you must have several documents that back up this claim. This means having experts testify and explain how much you deserve in damages. Having an attorney that has top relationships with experts in Los Angeles will strengthen your case when you file a claim for monetary damages. For example, a medical expert will be able to give you an idea as to how much compensation you may need in the future to treat your injuries.
- The attorney must be able to gather evidence: choose an attorney that has experience looking into and investigating your claim to determine your case value. An experienced attorney will be able to view all evidence to determine liability, and seek a specific percentage from the at-fault party. For example, an
experienced attorney will know how to collect police reports and review them to determine liable parties. Examples of other types of evidence include:
○ Medical records
○ Medical bills
○ Hospital bills
○ Lost wages
○ Pictures of the accident scene
○ Pictures of the car damage
○ Statements from witnesses
○ Video surveillance of the accident
- The attorney should have a clean disciplinary record: each attorney’s disciplinary record can be reviewed by the California bar website. When choosing the right attorney for you, it is important that you search up their name through the California Bar Association website to see if they had any past disciplinary actions taken against them. Disciplinary actions should be taken very seriously, and should assist you when determining what type of attorney you would like to go with.
- Choose a large firm: usually, large firms have the legal team necessary to be able to give individualized attention to each case that comes into their office. Usually, small firms may have loads of work to do with a small staff. This could potentially be a disadvantage especially when you are trying to negotiate with the insurance company as fast as possible.
Make sure you get the most out of the defendant, and call our top-rated accident attorneys today.
Our attorneys are available 24/7 to make sure that you get the justice you deserve. Being involved in an accident is probably one of the most stressful experiences anybody has to go through. Along with this, one of your main concerns could be looking for an attorney. Having the right attorney on your side could put your mind at ease while you focus on dealing with the aftermath of your injuries. Communication should be your number one priority when you are looking for an attorney. We always want to make sure
that our clients are always updated with every single step that goes on with their case. It is also very important to have all of your questions and concerns answered by your attorney. Our top-rated attorneys always want to make sure that any concerns you may have are addressed.
Read also: Qualities of a Good Criminal Lawyer