A colorful flower bed or a beautifully decorated balcony make for a very special experience in the warm season. So that you succeed Plant bulbs correctly so that they can can then shine in their full splendor next spring, please note the following:
- When buying onion flowers, please make sure that the onions do not have any bruises or discoloration. It is also best to avoid specimens that have already sprouted heavily.
- It is best to plant bulbs and tubers in October.
- There is a simple rule when it comes to plant depth: plant each type of bulb twice as deep as it is itself.
- A space-saving, effective method is the so-called floor planting. For example, earlier blooming smaller onion flowers such as snowdrops or crocuses are placed over the large bulbs of tulips and daffodils. This works wonderfully even in larger pots on the balcony and terrace.
- The right location should be chosen before the bulb flowers are planted, because depending on the species, they have different requirements in order to shine in all their splendor. Please pay attention to whether your preferred flowers prefer a sunny or shady location in order not to be disappointed later.
- If you should plan a spring meadow, wild forms such as winterlings, crocuses, bluestars, but also daffodils are ideal, which reproduce themselves and become more and more dense over time. A natural planting pattern is created if you throw out a handful of onions and dig in where they accidentally stay.
- Please do not cut off the leaves of the onion flowers after flowering in spring, but let them soak in slowly.
- If you have perennial flower bulbs that are particularly sensitive and cannot overwinter outside in the garden, then it is advisable to carefully remove them from the soil, clean them gently and store them in a dry and well-ventilated place at home. For the next season you could put the flowers out again and look forward to their next bloom.
Visit the rest of the site for more useful and informative articles!