Did you know that you can add PDF files to Google Drive and view them in a browser? You don’t have to download and install another app or program to open a file, which is excellent news for anyone who works with PDF documents. Also, since Google Drive is a cloud storage solution, all your documents will be accessible from any device. Google Drive is the best option if you have many files you need to access on the go. After all, it’s a cloud storage service accessible anywhere and anytime. Finding a reliable how-to guide to follow when using Google Drive is hard. PDF Drive is a database of pdf books with the latest and most reliable information in pdf format. For more reliable Google Drive how-to guides, visit PDF Drive. We will show you how to upload and view PDF files in Google Drive through your computer in this guide. It’s simple enough for anyone to do, so read on for our simple steps!
What Is Google Drive?
Google Drive is a cloud-based service that enables you to store, manage, and share files online. You can access these files through the Drive website or the Google Drive app. Microsoft Office users will feel at home because Google Drive offers Word, Excel, and PowerPoint alternatives with features and interfaces similar to Microsoft. Use Google Drive as your cloud storage to manage your files and collaborate with others because it’s fully integrated with your other Google services. You can save emails as attachments and access them from Drive, share your Drive folders with others, and use collaboration features like comments, versioning, and the ability to see who’s working on what. Google Drive is one of the most popular cloud storage services available on the internet, which you can access without fees!
Why Should You Use Google Drive?
Google Drive is famous because of its related platform Google. It is cloud storage you can obtain across various devices and access on different browsers. Here are the top reasons why you should use Google Drive!
- Collaborative Document Editing: You can edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online. You can invite people to edit a document and track changes. You can control who can edit the document and track who made changes to the original file.
- Auto-Syncing: Files in Google Drive automatically sync across various devices. If you edit a file on your computer, you can also update it on your mobile device.
- Easy Emailing: You can easily share files by sending them as an email. Google Drive is related to Google Mail which helps you with easy sharing of files from across various individuals.
- Store And Access File Anywhere. Google Drive offers you the ability to store your files in the cloud so that you can access them from anywhere. You can also create folders and store your files in folders.
- Create And Edit Documents Online. Creating documents online is possible using Google Drive. Multiple individuals can edit the document at once. You have the option of adding comments and tracking changes. You can also view Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF files online.
Do I Need To Create An Account To Upload PDF On Google Drive?
Yes. To Upload Files To Google Drive, You Need To Create An Account.
Creating a free Google account is necessary to upload files to Google Drive. If you already have a Google account, such as for Gmail, YouTube, or Google Photos, you can use that. Otherwise, you can create a new profile by visiting the Google Drive website or using the Google Drive app. You’ll need to give your account a name, choose a password and email address, and provide some information about yourself. Google Drive will give you 15GB of cloud storage without fees when you already have an account. If you want more, you can upgrade to a paid plan.
How To Add PDF To Google Drive Using A Desktop?
There are several ways to add PDF files to Google Drive on your computer. Since Google Drive is a web-based service, you can add PDF files to your Drive account using any browser. Here is a thorough guide on how to add PDF to Google Drive using a desktop.
- Access Google Drive On Your Browser. You can use any browser available on your desktop. Using Google Chrome is an excellent choice for easier access to Google Drive. Open your account on Google Drive to proceed with the steps.
- Create A Folder On Google Drive. Create a folder on Google Drive. It should be named depending on the files you need to keep on Google Drive. Creating folders for different files will help you find files faster when you need them.
- Right-Click All The PDF Files. Press the right button of your mouse to select all the PDF files you want to upload to Google Drive. Make sure to select all the files you want to upload for a one-time pdf file upload.
- Wait For The Files To Be Uploaded. The strength of your internet service impacts the speed of your uploading experience. Wait for the files to upload successfully to your Google Drive account before exiting your browser!
Tips For Using Google Drive
Google Drive is a famous cloud storage platform with millions of users across the globe. It might seem easy to maneuver, but it requires some research for a better user experience. Here are some tips on using Google Drive.
- Use Folders To Stay Organized: Create folders to store different types of documents from your computer in the cloud to access them from anywhere.
- Use Your Google Drive As A Collaboration Tool: Collaborate on documents with fellow team members by adding them as editors. You can also create shared folders that let you invite others and grant them specific access permissions.
- Protect Your Files With Two-Step Verification: Two-step verification helps protect your Google account by requiring a code sent to your phone whenever you sign in to your account, even if you’re logging in from a computer you trust.
Now you know how to add a PDF file to Google Drive. Google Drive allows you to create, edit, and collaborate on documents. You can also use it to store your files in the cloud. Google Drive is perfect for accessing your files on the go. With a free account, you can upload as many files as you want, share them with others, and access them anywhere. Need more how-to guides bout Google Drive? Visit PDF Drive and download more pdf books to help you have a better and more efficient Google Drive experience!