Remodeling and renovation – put drywall
Both in the course of renovation work and during renovation, drywall walls are erected. A drywall process is a great way to put up walls and divide rooms up easily and quickly. Usually, plasterboard or gypsum fiber boards are used, which are attached to a substructure and then filled, covered with wallpaper or plastered. The substructure is a construction made of wood or metal studs. You can obtain valuable information on this subject from Idea Casa Plan.
The individual steps
We have summarized the individual steps for creating drywall for you:
– Planning and preparation: Design the partitions and determine the need for material. Since the CW profiles are used more frequently than the UW profiles attached to the floor and ceiling, you will need more of them accordingly.
– Build substructure:
- Screw the cut profiles to the floor
Find the baseline of the wall and mark the course of the wall on the floor and on the ceiling. Cut the frame profiles (UW profiles) for the floor and ceiling. Glue a connection seal to the lower side of the profiles and screw the UW profiles with dowels in the floor and in the ceiling.
- Set up and align CW profiles
Once the profiles are in place, insert the first CW profile for the end of the wall into the frame profiles and fix it to the wall with dowels. For greater stability, it is good not to exceed a distance of one meter between the dowels.
- Insert door lintel profile
Attach a lintel profile as a door opening, which you slide over from above over two CW stand profiles. Before you insert them and attach them to the UW profiles, insert additional plug-in angles at the top and bottom of the CW profiles.
– Equip the stud frame with cement panels: The assembled metal posts can be provided with cement boards on both sides. Screw the panels to the metal profiles with offset joints. Before planking both sides, insert power cables, installations or thermal insulation material in the space between the walls.
– Plastering cement panels: Cement boards are not filled, but glued. The processing of the surfaces is a little more difficult: before wallpaper, decorative plaster or paint follows, you must plaster the cement panels.
Visit the rest of the site for more useful and informative articles!