Considering the times 100 years ago when laundry required very strong arm muscles, nowadays we should be very happy to just throw our clothes in the washing machine and take them out clean after an hour. Today we are happy to offer you 10 tips and tricks for a quiet washing day and possibly – without losing socks.
1. Don’t let laundry spoil your day. If this job isn’t your favorite household chore, then something has to change about it. If you collect laundry for the whole week, divide up the work throughout the week, for example towels on Monday, bed linen on Tuesday, clothing on Wednesday, etc. But never forget that laundry is your excuse for your privacy Time can serve – enjoy an audiobook or your favorite music, or watch your favorite show while the laundry is done.
2. Charge the washing machine separately for each member of the family. One of the most time-consuming washing tasks is sorting through dry clothes. To avoid this problem, give each family member a laundry basket with their belongings. We don’t promise you it will always work, but you have nothing to lose if you just try this out.
3. Use laundry baskets to sort your laundry. Give yourself 15 minutes to do something more pleasant instead of rummaging through the pile of laundry. The best solution is to have three or four baskets available and to sort the clothes properly in advance. When laundry time comes, just toss the contents of a basket in the washing machine and that’s it!
4. Sort the clothes according to size and color and of course how they are used. This beneficial habit will save you more time when putting the clothes on.
5. Collect all of the socks in a mesh bag. Or, take one for each person in the family – this will make sorting easier. Don’t forget to zip up and the sock monster that lives in the washing machine will never eat your socks again.
6. Think of some helpful extras. Near the washing machine, find a bowl for change, a narrow waste paper basket, and stain remover. So you have everything you need with you, always close at hand, and it will take you less time to prepare before washing.
7. Keep your washing machine fresh and leave the door open after each load. The washing machines have a very tight seal and the moisture stays inside, causing bad smells and mold over time. To avoid this nasty problem, always leave the washing machine open a bit after washing.
8. In the laundry room, hang a special bag for the clothes that need dry cleaning. Such clothes have to be thrown directly into the bag and never into the laundry. When the bag is full, take the clothes for dry cleaning. Keep the hangers from cleaning in this bag and return them is very practical and easy.
9. A foldable tumble dryer is a must in the laundry room for your delicacies and wool sweaters. When the laundry gets dry, just lean it against the wall until next time.
10. Do not leave detergent bags and bottles lying around. To enjoy a tidy laundry room, put everything in baskets or large, beautiful containers with lids.
Visit the rest of the site for more useful and informative articles!