Why do we become more allergic?

Why do we become more allergic?

Most often it is pollen, mold spores or dust components that come from house dust mites or pets, i.e. mostly natural substances in our environment. But allergies to food and drugs can also be based on an immediate-type reaction.

How does an allergic reaction work?

When a person comes into contact with an allergen, the body produces IgE antibodies. These bind to the body’s own mast cells, which in turn form inflammatory messengers such as histamine. If there is now a second contact with the allergen, it docks onto the mast cell.

Why does an allergic reaction only occur on the second contact?

If you come into contact with the same allergens again, the corresponding antibodies are immediately produced or immune cells are activated and, depending on the type of allergy, an allergic reaction with the corresponding symptoms occurs.

What happens in allergic shock?

On the skin: itching, redness, hives, hives, swelling. On the respiratory tract: cough, hoarseness, wheezing, shortness of breath. In the stomach and intestines: nausea, vomiting, cramps, flatulence, diarrhea. Cardiovascular system: dizziness, drowsiness, clouded consciousness, unconsciousness.

How long does it take to get allergic shock?

Anyone who is hypersensitive to intravenously administered drugs (injections, infusions) can show the first signs of anaphylaxis within five minutes. In the case of insect bites, an anaphylactic shock becomes noticeable after about ten to 15 minutes.

What do you do when you have an allergic shock?

If the person affected suffers from shortness of breath, the bronchial spray helps (two strokes, repeat if necessary). It is best to sit the patient with breathing problems upright. If he has circulatory problems, lying down and raising his legs are the right position. If unconscious, place in recovery position.

What medications for allergic shock?

The most important drug for the treatment of anaphylactic shock is adrenaline (other name: epinephrine). It is given as an injection into a vein (intravenous, IV) or into a muscle (intramuscular, IM) and works very quickly.

What to do in case of an allergic reaction?

Urticaria (hives) and other skin reactions In addition to allergic hives, erythema (redness of the skin) or swelling are known to be allergic skin reactions. Allergy tablets with antihistamines and glucocorticoids are used in the treatment.

What can you do about an apple allergy?

In pollen allergy sufferers, apples can also upset the immune system. What can help is to briefly heat the apple in the microwave. Many pollen allergy sufferers also keep their hands off apples: tongue and lips tingle, throat itches, or the mucous membranes in the mouth swell.

Can a dust mite allergy go away?

The triggers are as diverse as nature and chemistry are: dust, animal hair, pollen, insects, food, medicines, cosmetics, cleaning agents… But there are also people who convincingly report that one day their allergy will (almost) completely disappear was!

Can an allergy go away on its own?

The type, severity and severity of allergic symptoms are subject to fluctuations and can change at different ages. Especially in babies and toddlers, allergies can disappear completely after a few years. This is the case for around ¾ of the children up to school age.

What can you do about a peanut allergy?

If you already know that you have a peanut allergy, you should always have an emergency kit ready. “This consists of an antihistamine that blocks the release of histamine and a cortisone preparation,” explains Dr. Habig in the “Apotheken Umschau”.

What not to eat if you have a peanut allergy?

Sunflower seeds, flaxseed, sesame, but also coconuts, pine nuts or pumpkin seeds are neither “nuts” nor legumes and should therefore not be avoided by people with nut or peanut allergies. Avoidance is only necessary if an allergy is also present.

Can a peanut allergy come on suddenly?

A peanut allergy is a type I (immediate type) food allergy. This means that the symptoms appear immediately after or already during the consumption of peanuts, but at the latest after two hours. Late reactions are very rarely reported.

What happens if you eat too many peanuts?

Aflatoxins are particularly harmful if consumed regularly and can then have a carcinogenic effect. If the peanuts were actually contaminated with aflatoxins, there is nothing you can do afterwards. But you don’t have to worry about eating either.

How harmful are peanuts?

Almost all nuts are usually eaten fresh or roasted, with one exception: the peanut. We only have them in roasted form. The problem is possible mold toxins in the peanut: they damage the immune system and can even cause liver cancer.

Are too many nuts dangerous or unhealthy?

Both nuts and oils are very high in calories, which is noticeable for most people on the scale. The excess stored fats in turn damage the blood vessels. Experts recommend about two tablespoons of vegetable oil a day. When it comes to nuts, a maximum of a handful a day is considered healthy.

How unhealthy are peanuts?

Peanuts not only taste super delicious, they also contain a lot of vegetable protein, fat and other important nutrients that can have a positive effect on health. But beware: peanuts are quite fatty and therefore small calorie bombs if you eat too many of them.

Are peanuts healthy in the evening?

Peanuts are part of a healthy diet thanks to their high content of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. They are also a valuable source of protein, especially for vegetarians. Too many nuts are unhealthy, especially when eaten at night while watching TV or salted as a snack.

Are peanuts carcinogenic?

With raw peanuts there is a risk of mold poisoning, which is favored by a damp environment. The mold “Aspergillus flavus” is considered to be carcinogenic and damages the liver and/or kidneys.

Visit the rest of the site for more useful and informative articles!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *