Do you frequently look at cars, Google extensively, and like to take note of the newly launched car models? Is drawing supercars your favourite pastime? If you answered yes to these questions, then car designing might be one of your best career options.
Car designers have a broad scope and several work opportunities in India. The country has undergone an increasing trend in car design and manufacture, making it one of the world’s most rapidly-growing car designing countries. With this accomplishment, car designers will have plenty of opportunities in this profitable profession.
However, you must meet certain eligibility criteria to become a car designer in India. In this informative article, we will state the eligibility criteria you should meet to have a brilliant and successful career in car design in India.
Eligibility to Become a Car Designer in India: Everything to Know
Many enterprises run tests before hiring individuals to assess their technical car design knowledge. The candidates who are able to pass the exam can pursue a car designing career. Therefore, it’s essential for you to know that you need to be all set in order to kick start your career as a car designer in India.
Various educational institutions provide car designing courses, and those who successfully complete the course can begin their car design career. Simply give this blog a read to resolve further queries.
To be well-versed in all of the many techniques and patterns involved in the car designing process, you must pursue a diploma course or a regular degree in Automotive Designing offered by several leading Universities, and Institutes in India.
Students are taught to use various design tools and computerised mapping techniques to analyse and process any car’s numerous structures and designs. Students are thoroughly instructed to utilise vector mapping and 3D models to identify and generate functioning model drawings.
Students are bestowed with an extensive and in-depth understanding of product design management, safety and impact, structures, computer-aided design, and contemporary automotive technology.
Who’s Eligible to Apply for Car Designing?
Candidates with innovation and basic understanding can work as car designers. Those with engineering backgrounds in automobile engineering or who have done autonomous vehicle MSc courses are given priority and are qualified to apply. Many educational institutions offer car designing courses, and students who complete them can work as car designers.
- Candidates with design experience are welcome to apply.
- Candidates with 2D and 3D sketching abilities are also evaluated.
- Candidates with a background in physics and mathematics can also pursue a career as automobile designers by enrolling in a diploma or certificate programme in car designing.
- Also, students can take up automobile designing and hybrid electric vehicle courses online to gain a competitive edge. Candidates pursuing these courses are given preference today.
The Key Takeaway
To summarise, candidates interested in pursuing a profession in the car designing sector:
- Must be creative and have designing abilities.
- Must have a design degree or diploma in place.
- Candidates without prior experience are given preference.
- Internships in the relevant field are regarded as advantageous.
- Should be well versed in both 2D and 3D drawing
- Good knowledge of digital software like Autodesk Alias, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
- Must know the ins and outs of Computer-Aided Design (CAD).